Message to one diktator re another

Monday 28 February 2011

Married at 13, Abandoned at 30, Children tortured by Ex-husband.

"Muhammad's favorite wife Aisha once said, “I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women" (Sahih al-Bukhari 5825). Muhammad had sex with Aisha when she was nine years old, and he died when she was eighteen. Since Muhammad commanded his followers not to marry his widows, Aisha spent the rest of her life without companionship. A similar pattern has been repeated for nearly fourteen centuries.When she was 13-years old, Salma (full name withheld) from Saudi Arabia was forced to marry a man aged over 60.

The man paid her father a dowry of SR250,000 ($68,000), but Salma says it was like she was actually sold.
Salma, now in her 30s, has no home and is deprived of seeing her six children following her divorce."
"The Saudi Alikhbariya newspaper said Salma first refused to give back the children to her ex-husband, prompting him to go to court.

“Police arrested me and I was jailed for six months… when I was released, I went back to my family and stayed for a while before another old man came and paid SR100,000 to marry me,” she said.
“I refused and fled home… I have been staying at mosques and parks all this time. My ex-husband still refuses to let me see my children. Sometimes I go to take a glance at them while going or leaving school and I could see clear marks of violence on their bodies. I think they are being tortured at home.” " 

Read the rest here:
http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2011/02/salmas-story-married-at-13-abandoned-at.html

No comments:

Post a Comment